While the goal of this blog post is to introduce a tasty and easy beef stir fry recipe, it’s also about a whole lot more. It’s about bringing the joys of cooking and sharing food with others back to the forefront of everyday life. So gear up, dear reader! Not only are you going to master an incredible beef stir fry recipe, your journey to becoming a stir fry connoisseur starts here!
About the Dish
Once a staple of Chinese cuisine, the beef stir fry has now amassed worldwide popularity due to its versatility, simplicity and of course, taste. Beef stir fry celebrates tender beef strips tossed in a healthy mix of vegetables, doused in a savory sauce, and served over rice or noodles. Picture that in your dinner plate! More about chinese cuisine.
List of Ingredients
- 500 grams Sirloin beef strips
- 1 White onion
- 2 Bell peppers
- 1 Broccoli floret
- 1 Carrot
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 thumb-size Ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preparation and Cooking Time
Preparation time for this beef stir fry recipe is about twenty minutes, excluding the marinating time for the beef, and the cooking time is about ten to fifteen minutes max. So in just a bit over half an hour, you could be sitting down to enjoy your homemade beef stir fry!
Not much is needed in terms of equipment. Just a good, sharp chopping knife, cutting board, a wok or large frying pan, and a spatula to stir fry!
- Prep the ingredients by finely chopping the vegetables and cutting the beef into thin strips.
- Marinate the beef in a mix of soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, and honey for at least 30 minutes.
- In a heated wok or pan, add the vegetable oil and stir-fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the beef and stir fry until brown. Take the beef out and set it aside.
- In the same pan, stir fry the vegetables until they are cooked but still maintain a crunch.
- Add the beef back in, toss everything together and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve your stir fry over rice or noodles for a complete meal.
Tips and Tricks
Always remember the golden rule of stir frying: high heat, quick cooking. Your wok should be smoking hot before you add the ingredients. This ensures a good sear on the meat and crispy, brightly colored vegetables.
And there you have it! A delightful and incredibly easy beef stir fry recipe to add to your culinary repertoire. This recipe is perfect for a quick, hearty weeknight meal. Remember, the beauty of a good stir fry lies in its versatility. Don’t be afraid to play around with the ingredients. Happy cooking! For More Recipes.